regrep-query message

Subject: ContentBasedQuery questions/ideas.

Team,

I have started looking more closely at ContentBasedQuery, and have a few
questions for those of you that may have been more closely involved with the
registry specifications.  Please excuse my ignorance if I am off in left
field, here are my observations and questions:

1.  Does ContentBasedQuery need to fall under the FilterQuery umbrella? (I
think not, just checking.)

2.  In the RS spec, appendix D talks about a syntax for defining
"Classification Indexes".  I read this over and over and don't really see how
these details relate to content based queries, they seem to relate more to
defining how a registry implementer might  build side tables in their RDBMS
so that a keyed query could take place (e.g. id-1 LIKE fo% AND id-2 LIKE
%ar).  Does the ContentBasedQuery spec have to address the needs of the SQL
implementer, or should it remain technology neutral with apendixes for
implementation specific issues (if available)?

3.  How does everyone feel about a "Content Handler" architecture that would
allow for a content based query to span more than just XML documents?  The
registry's self describing CPP could contain a list of mime types that can be
content searched, and the implementation of each content type other than
XML/HTML and plain text could be left up to registry vendors.

Thoughts? Opinions? Flames?

Also, if you would like to volunteer to help with this stuff, let me know.

--
Matthew MacKenzie
XML Global

<quote>
Fortune's Real-Life Courtroom Quote #52:
Q:  What is your name?