Subject: Re: [regrep-semantic] Air Transport: Defects Tracking and MaintenanceScenario

Zach,

Would you consider this to be an example of a high level use case that
we were talking about in our last meeting?
I am guessing the answer is yes.

If so, we have currently some high level use cases and some very low
level use cases.
It would be desirable to either:

a) Compose higher level use cases from the primitive or low level ones.

b) Decompose and relate higher level use cases to low level use cases.

This use cases could benefit from doing more decomposition a la (b).
It should also be reformatted into the template for use cases we are using.
Some additional observations below....

Zachary Alexander wrote:

>Situation:
>The estimated mean time to failure for an aircraft while in flight is
>infinity. In order to meet this reliability goal maintenance must be
>performed both on a regular basis and on an as-needed basis. The time
>spent diagnosing and repairing problems can cause departure and
>subsequent arrival schedules to slip.  The departure and arrival
>schedule slippage can lead to loss of revenue and good will for the air
>carrier. Repeated difficult to diagnose defects can lead to reputation
>problems for both the aircraft manufacturer and its suppliers.  The loss
>of reputation for aircraft manufacturer and its suppliers can lead to
>loss of revenue.
>
>Problem:
>How can a Semantic Aware ebXML Registry/Repository be used to improve
>defect tracking and maintenance?
>
>Semantic Components:
>
>*	The Registry/Repository provides metadata support capabilities
>for defect tracking and images of the defects when applicable.

Above is already supported in version 2.5

>*	The Registry/Repository provides semantics in the form of
>diagnostics and repair heuristics.

Need more details here.

>*	The Registry/Repository provides ontology support to capture
>and/or store heuristics.

This could be ratedrelated to use case 3, Collaborative Ontology
development (which itself need to be de-composed)

>*	The Registry/Repository provides semantics-based image storage
>capability.

Image storage is already supported but adding semantic description to
images would be based upon use case 4, 5 (semantic classification and
association)

>*	The Registry/Repository provides semantics-based image discovery
>for diagnostic support.

Image discovery is already supported but adding semantic query
capability would be based upon use case 6 (semantic discovery)

Thanks again for posting high level use cases. Suggest that we use the
template and identify related use cases as sub or super use cases. Thanks.

--
Regards,
Farrukh