Subject: New US Federal Working Group: Semantic Interoperability Community of Practice

FYI: A newly formed US Federal Working Group called the "Semantic
Interoperability Community of Practice (SICoP)[1]" is kicking off
tomorrow. This group is roughly the reformation/continuation of the
previous "XML Web Services Working Group", whose chartered year ended in
Fall 2003, and is chaired by the same individual - Brand Niemann of US
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The charter is at [2].

I will not be able to attend tomorrow's meeting due to a scheduling
conflict, but I hope to attend next month's meeting and provide a report
back to the group. Sounds like a future presentation would be a great
thing for us.

I see that Mike Daconta is on our roster, and I understand that he will
be presenting at the meeting tomorrow.

Thanks,
Joe

[1] http://web-services.gov/