Subject: RE: [regrep] minutes of last meeting

Team:

Thanks for the minutes.

I disagree that comments should be "resolved by a sub-team of members."
They could be collected and managed by a sub-team of members but resolution
of issues should be done by the TC.  With only a handful of comments today,
at this point in time, I do not even believe that this new sub-team list is
required.

I submitted several comments along with my abstention note during the Dec TC
voting period.  Please reference,
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200112/msg00039.html.  Some of
the issues outlined by my comments have been addressed already while some
were ignored.  I would appreciate it if those comments were included in the
collected list as well.  I would also greatly appreciate it if all TC review
comments that were received from other reviewers prior to the V2 vote in
December were scrubbed to ensure that they are also dealt with completely in
the V2 spec's or they also should be included in this current comment list.

Thanks,
Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Carnahan [mailto:lisa.carnahan@nist.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 7:23 AM
To: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [regrep] minutes of last meeting

Minutes of the OASIS/ebXML Registry Technical Committee Meeting
Conference Call - February 21

Attendees:
Lisa Carnahan, NIST
Suresh Damodaran Sterling Commerce
Mike DeNicola Fujitsu
Anne Fischer Drummond Group
Sally Fuger Individual Member
Farrukh Najmi Sun Microsystems
Joel Neu Vitria Technologies
Sanjay Patil IONA
Neal Smith Individual Member
Nikola Stojanovic Individual Member

1. CC Review Update - the CC Review Subteam is continuing its work in
pulling out the registry requirements/expectations from the CC Technical
Specification.  The Subteam is developing a table that defines each
requirement.  For each requirement the subteam is further defining how the
V2 RIM/RS satisfies the requirement, or indicates if the specs do not
satisfy the requirement.  Currently the Subteam does not see any
'showstoppers'.  The Subteam meets the Wednesday (2:00 Eastern) prior to
the TC meeting on Thursday.

2. Method for handling public comments - The TC developed a method for
handling public comments regarding the V2 RIM/RS.  (As of the meeting,
there had been only one set of comments.)  Comments will be resolved by a
subteam of TC members using a mailing list.  Initial volunteers for the
subteam are Nikola, Farrukh and Sanjay.  Farrukh volunteered to identify
the comments and uniquely number them. (Duane's comments came via our
regular mailing list, rather than the official comment list - therefor, we
need to be sure to formally identify comments from all sources.)

3, V3 Priorities - The team reviewed the list of candidate items for V3
work.  Neil Smith will make (has made?) the agreed changes to the
list.  Most of the changes were either renaming changes or consolidation
changes.  The following members listed their priorities/interests based on
the list (prior to any changes):
Farrukh - 12, 7, 18, 5, 8
Nikola - 11
Sanjay - 10, 6, 15
Lisa and Sally - 3

Anyone else with an opinion regarding priorities should send email to the
list.

3. Criteria for determining V3 Work items - The TC discussed some
subjective criteria that we should use in discussing our priorities of work
items.  The following list was developed: (no implied relevance to order)
-Maturity of base specifications on which our specifications may rely.
-Ease in which the item may be addressed given the V2 specs (low lying
fruit)
-Level of effort required versus payoff of addressing
-The Use case for the item
-Level of interest by TC members to address item

4. We will be discussing (and hopefully) making initial decisions regarding
our top items at the next conference call.  Our goal is to have initial
proposals done by April 15.

5 Next conference call is Thursday, March 7th.