Subject: Re: [regrep] minutes of last meeting

Lisa Carnahan wrote:
> 1. CC Review Update - the CC Review Subteam is continuing its work in
> pulling out the registry requirements/expectations from the CC Technical
> Specification.  The Subteam is developing a table that defines each
> requirement.  For each requirement the subteam is further defining how the
> V2 RIM/RS satisfies the requirement, or indicates if the specs do not
> satisfy the requirement.  Currently the Subteam does not see any
> 'showstoppers'.  The Subteam meets the Wednesday (2:00 Eastern) prior to
> the TC meeting on Thursday.

Lisa et al:

I have some concerns about the above statement.  The CC team just
released v 1.80 of their current spec which utilizes an outdated UML RIM
diagram from the old Registry Specification.

There are also some issues that the UN/CEFACT eBusiness Architecture
team has identified as use cases for registries based on unique needs of
core components and BIE's that the CC team has not acknowledged yet.

I would therefore like a representative from the Archtiecture team to be
involved with this process if possible.

From what our initial analysis is,  we believe that the Registry,
specifically the associations and classifications, is adequate for
meeting all the needs of ebXML Core Components and BIE's.

The CC team has some important questions posed to them which they
haven;t answered yet.  The most critical one is "What does the Registry
yeild or point to when it is asked for a Core Component (or BIE)?"  We
have suggested an XML artifact and others have suggested a UML artifact.
Both are different expressions of the same artifact but the UML will not
meet the needs of the users by itself.  The UML, with the Regsitry
Information Model, will meet the needs of the users IF, and only if,
there is also an XML expression of the same artifact that is pointed at
by the regsitry via way of an "Association".

Some things the archtiecture team has identified as use cases are:

1. Querying the Regsitry for all BIE's that are associated by virtue of
the fact they were created from a single Core Component (needed for
design time to avoid rampant and uncontrolled duplication of BIE's)

2.  Querying the Regsitry for a BIE and finding what other BIE's are
related to it by way of RIM associations.

3.  Finding a parent (Master) copy of a Core Component in another
registry as a result of a registry query.

There are more but I don;t want to bore/excite you all with the details
as of yet.

Best wishes

Duane Nickull