Subject: RE: [regrep] minutes of last meeting

Thanks for the clarification Lisa.  I agree with all of your statements.  In
this context, and as you describe their activities here, the subteam makes
more sense.  I echo Lisa's statement that if any of you made comments prior
to the TC vote in Dec that were not addressed to your satisfaction, please
re-state them now during this formal review period.

Please sign me up as a volunteer to help triage the formal comments and to
assist in managing the comments.  I have yet to see a new list be formed.
Is there one already out there?  Have I missed it?

Thanks, Joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Carnahan [mailto:lisa.carnahan@nist.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 2:34 PM
To: regrep@lists.oasis-open.org

More clarification on the comment resolution process:

The OASIS Process does not require us to produce a formal document on
comment resolution as a result of the Review Period.  (However the Process
does require formal comment resolution on any comments accompanying a NO
vote in an OASIS ballot.)
Our TC should have a formal mechanism to resolve the comments that are made
during the current OASIS Review Period of our V2 specifications under the
OASIS Process.   A subteam will be used to identify, uniquely number and
discuss the proposed resolution to  comments made during the Review
Period.  (Any TC member can be a member of this subteam.)  The proposed
resolution will then be discussed by the TC at the next conference call of
the TC ('next' relative to the completion of the proposed resolution).  If
the TC agrees with the proposed resolution, then the subteam will indicate
that the comment/resolution has been finalized.  Otherwise the TC will
further discuss the resolution either in the conference call or on the
mailing list.  The purpose of the subteam is to provide a starting point
for the resolution of the comment and manage the process.  The subteam's
work does not preclude discussion regarding a specific comment on the Big
Registry list from occurring.  The creation of the subteam is in
recognition that we should have a formal process to handle  comments that
are made as a result of the OASIS Process.

My own opinion:  Joel has indicated that his comments referenced at the URL
below are to be considered formal comments made during the current Review
Period under the OASIS Process.    We should accept them as formal
comments, uniquely number each one and use the process above for
resolution.  However I disagree with Joel that we as a TC should go back
and review all the comments made during the TC V2 vote and consider them
formal comments.  Those comments were not made during the formal Review
Period.  I would encourage anyone who made comments during the TC V2 vote
and who wishes them to be made formal comments under the current Review
Period, to follow Joel's lead and send email to the list indicating that
his/her comments (with a referenced URL) be taken as formal comments.

Obviously our TC should always be in a mode where we are looking at
comments made at any time and considering them.  However for purpose of the
OASIS Process, we should distinguish between those comments that are made
during the Review Period under the OASIS Process and those that are not.

Perhaps we can discuss this more on Thursday...

--lisa

At 06:57 AM 3/5/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Team:
>
>Thanks for the minutes.
>
>I disagree that comments should be "resolved by a sub-team of members."
>They could be collected and managed by a sub-team of members but resolution
>of issues should be done by the TC.  With only a handful of comments today,
>at this point in time, I do not even believe that this new sub-team list is
>required.
>
>I submitted several comments along with my abstention note during the Dec
TC