Subject: [regrep] FW: [regrep-comment] RE: Validation error caused by namespaceerr or in rim.xsd

This e-mail came in on our regrep-comment list.  Could someone please look
into this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Alvord [mailto:Greg.Alvord@gogallagher.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 12:10 PM
To: 'regrep-comment@lists.oasis-open.org'
Subject: [regrep-comment] RE: Validation error caused by namespace error
in rim.xsd

Resubmit

Greg

		 -----Original Message-----
		From: 	Greg Alvord
		Sent:	Thursday, May 30, 2002 1:24 PM
		To:	'regrep-comment@lists.oasis-open.org'
		Subject:	Validation error caused by namespace error
in rim.xsd

		The file located at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/documents/2.0/schema/rim.xsd
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/regrep/documents/2.0/schema/rim.xsd>
		 Will not validate in the tool I use.

		The issue seems to be that the default namespace is
xmlns=http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema>
		And the namespace
xmlns:tns="urn:oasis:names:tc:ebxml-regrep:rim:xsd:2.0" references the
rim:xsd. Therefore when locally defined types like LongName when used in an
attribute type reference like
		<attribute name="nodeRepresentation" use="optional"
type="LongName" />
		Need to be qualified like
		<attribute name="nodeRepresentation" use="optional"
type="tns:LongName" />

		A file with the added namespaces is attached.
		If this is caused by an attribute of the tool I am using I
apologize for any inconvenience.

		 << File: rim.xsd >>
		Greg Alvord
		mailto:greg.alvord@gogallagher.com