Subject: Re: [regrep] UUID and ID type

Max,

All ids must begin with urn:uuid: prefix and not a number. Does this help address
your concern or do you still see a problem?

On a related note we are aware of the following issue below.

------------Issue 192 sent by skkim@ce.cnu.ac.kr

As you know, XML Schema of W3C is being used in the RIM v2.0 instead of XML 1.0
There is the ID datatype in XML Schema. but
The value constraint of ID datatype of XML Schema is different from that of XML
1.0

The value space of ID in the XML Schema is the set of all strings that match the
NCName
production in Namespaces in XML
And The NCName is an XML Name, minus the ":"

The datatype of UUID in the rim v2.0 is expressed by the ID datatype of XML
Schema.
UUID should contains ":" character(for example, "urn:uudi:123-1234...") but ID
datatype of XML
Schema should not contains ":" character because it is a NCName.