Subject: Re: [regrep] A different perspective on OASIS ebXML v3 enhancementproposals.. .

<Joel>
 I see a very big not-invented-here attitude.
Before you commit to reinventing, ..
</Joel>

<Matt>
Your points are valid (although I may disagree on some details), but this work (your [1-3]) was started before UDDI was swallowed into OASIS.
</Matt>

In http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-regrep/200105/msg00018.html there is "The DRAFT Revised Charter for the OASIS ebXML Registry and Repository Technical Committee"

<snip>
Additionally, as part of its specification development work, this TC explores and promotes various emerging models for distributed and cooperating registries.
</snip>

<Scott>
We are promoting and requiring a network of registries and repositories as that is the only architecture that will scale over the Internet.
</Scott>

one can conclude that ebXML Registry TC has been working on some of these items as early as May 2000.

Nikola