Subject: Re: [regrep] A different perspective on OASIS ebXML v3 enhancementproposals.. .

Joel,

Your points are valid (although I may disagree on some details), but
this work (your [1-3]) was started before UDDI was swallowed into
OASIS.  I think we should finish our v3 cycle, and start v4 with an eye
toward integration of the two registry technologies.  Vendors, such as
my own company, will NOT LIKELY be undertaking the pain of marketing two
separate registry products.  I am hoping to not see a repeat of what is
happening with UBL and Core Components with UDDI and ebRegRep.

I'm certainly not willing to drop my proposal because someone made a
limited REST interface to UDDI available.  I am willing, however, to
take on work items for v4 which help bring the registries together.

-Matt