Subject: RE: [regrep] Describing ebXML Reg/Rep - observations from Santa Fe

Seeing ebXML based services "registered" in a UDDI registry
(semi-private or the public UBR) and therefore discoverable in a demo
may go a long way toward eliminating some confusion.

The Technical note being drafted by Kibakura-san (Fujitsu) and being
discussed on the UDDI-spec dist list has come along way.  I recommend
that you all read this and comment as you need to.

Joel Munter, Intel
desk: 480.552.3076
cell:  602.790.0924

-----Original Message-----
From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 9:13 AM
To: Matthew MacKenzie
Cc: Anne Thomas Manes; Max Voskob; Still Erik R; OASIS regrep
Subject: Re: [regrep] Describing ebXML Reg/Rep - observations from Santa
Fe

One way to help remedy this perception might be to present on
"Registering Web Services in an ebXML Registry" at some of the Web
services conferences, such as Web Services One.

Some other things that might help are the Best Practices paper on
registering Web services in an ebXML Registry (currently in progress),
and perhaps in the future a high-level mapping between the 2 registry
architectures (such as "ebXML Registry Classification is *roughly*
equivalent to UDDI categoryBag", "ebXML Organization is *roughly*
equivalent to UDDI businessEntity", etc.)

Joe

Matthew MacKenzie wrote:

> Anne,
>
> You're right on.  ebXML != Web Services, at least not general
> perception wise.  I'd like to see that changed somewhat, ebXML
> messaging is web services based, and ebXML registry is a web service.
>
> On Thursday, Jan 30, 2003, at 07:40 America/Vancouver, Anne Thomas
> Manes wrote:
>

> > I think RegRep's biggest issue is that it's so closely associated
with
> > ebXML, and when most people think of Web services, they think of
SOAP,