Subject: RE: [regrep] Describing ebXML Reg/Rep - observations from Santa Fe

Anne,
Your overall assumptions about the state of Reg/Rep use may need some
updating - there are multiple governments, many implementations, and
plans either in work or under development (albeit more public than
'private').

>>I think RegRep's biggest issue is that it's so closely associated with
ebXML, and when most people think of Web services, they think of SOAP,
not
ebXML. Likewise, when they think of a Web services registry, they think
of
UDDI.......

But it's being much more widely adopted for private use than ebXML
RegRep.>>

Please, take a look at the brief we've made available on our web site to
get an introduction to the projects I reference.  The organizations
taking on ebXML Reg/Rep are not typically driven by short-term market
focus, but providing public services, for example, with a long-term
commitment.

My point is that we need to educate ourselves and communicate that to
other potential users.

Thanks for your comments and insight.