Subject: RE: [regrep] Describing ebXML Reg/Rep - observations from Santa Fe

Title: RE: [regrep] Describing ebXML Reg/Rep - observations from Santa Fe
Anne,

I know of several industry groups with ongoing ebXML projects, including:

- Insurance (ACORD) both US and Europe
- Chemical (CIDX)
- Energy (IEC, Australia)
- Automotive (STAR, et al)

The "buzz" behind this support is that ebXML is technically superior to "plain old SOAP", and meets critical needs (e.g. security, reliability, context based routing) important to businesses.

I don't understand why you believe it's "unfortunate" that businesses aren't limiting their use of ebXML for "private projects".

Unfortunate for who?

My clients are very happy with their ebXML E-Commerce solution - it meets their needs.

Dick Brooks
Systrends, Inc
7855 South River Parkway, Suite 111
Tempe, Arizona 85284