Subject: Re: [regrep] Core Components and version 3

<Snip>
2) I have discussed this Mark Crawford of the Core Components Technical
Specification (CCTS). He relayed strong concerns that the CCTS members
had some time
ago been promised that the ebXML Registry specification would include
Core Components in version 3 and that the participants of CCTS would
likely look disfavorably on
version 3 otherwise.
</Snip>

In our CC Review work, we have had a *complete* dependency on the CCTS
specification, and the CCTS spec underwent major changes around the
August 2002 timeframe (in my estimation, these changes constituted a
rewrite).  Due to the major changes in the specification on which we had
a complete dependency, we had no other choice but to hold off on our
incorporating the Core Components concepts into our architecture.  The
Core Components specification is still not fully approved, and so we are
still holding off until such time as it is closer to (or reaches) full
approval.  Factoring in the V3 release, it would not be possible to
incorporate Core Components into V3 without holding up the specification
at least several more months.

There was never any such promise to incorporate Core Components into v3
(nor would we ever have been naive enough to make such a blanket
promise) - it was the major rewrite of the specification on which we had
a complete dependency that forced us to pause (see
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep-cc-review/200208/msg00000.html,
the last e-mail that I sent to the CC Review subcommittee in August
2002).

Mark Crawford is, once again, trying to manipulate events in the
standard world to his benefit - and neither I nor this TC appreciate it.

We can certainly strive to include this in V4, depending (once again) on
the status of the Core Components spec at the time we begin our V4
updates.

Kind Regards,