Subject: Re: [regrep] Core Components and version 3

Joseph/all:

CRI does not have to conform to the UN/CEFACT CC spec in order to be
used within a Registry.  The Registry does not read into the actual
Registry object, therefore does not care what it is.  The RIM is more
than sufficient to keep a persistant record of all the required metadata
about a specific CC.

IMO - What we need is a standard way to serialize a Core Component and
BIE into a machine processable format (I pray it is XML).  The CRI work
was a good first stab at this and can be leveraged by subsequent
efforts.  I believe that the UN/CEFACT ATG currently has a project
proposal to do exactly this.

IMO- the Registry will handle 100% of the use cases needed by CC's.  As
stated earlier,  the CC team wisely scoped their original work so that
it did not involved any syntax specific serialization of a CC.  That is
phase two of CC work.

Duane

--
VP Strategic Relations,