Subject: [regrep] Minutes from out last telecon

Below are the minutes from our telecon.  Thanks Nikola!

Attendees:

Kathryn Breininger Boeing
Joe Chiusano Booz Allen Hamilton
Suresh Damodaran Sterling Commerce (on loan to RosettaNet)
Sally Fuger AIAG
Matthew MacKenzie XML Global
Monica Martin Drake Certivo, Inc.
Paul Macias LMI
Farrukh Najmi Sun Microsystems
Nikola Stojanovic Individual member

Agenda:

1. Minute taker

- Nikola. There were some excuses for taking minutes (Joe might have been
compiling "The Top 10 Minute Taking Excuses" list).

2. Approval of minutes from last meeting (corrections)

- Approved w/ corrections

3. Status on specs, review of changes (chapter 12)

- Skipping Chapter 12 continuation and postpone it for the next meeting.

4. Review of action items for spec

- Discussion on RIM / Chapter 13. Farrukh gave a review of the new approach
(the new chapter is the complete rewrite of the previous content) . The
XACML IPR issues could be discussed further via listserv as well as the
issue of what is normative and what is required. We should think about
defining actions that map to some of CRUD but also distinguish them; like:
Subscribe could be Create, Update, ... but could be action on its on. Also,
protecting references should be addressed. It was agreed that Notion of
Group should be maintained in the model. Suresh will work on Root Access
Control Policy section of the RIM. Impact on RS should be revisited. Issue
of introduction of the RepositoryItem class and whether to keep it or not
should be discussed within the generic context.

- Nikola gave to Farrukh new query and event schema files. They discuss them
and post to the group.

- Sally will get docs back to edit in few weeks.

5. Position paper - contractor suggested

- Booz Allen Hamilton has offered to provide writing services for the
Registries position paper, with Terry Bjornsen as the author. Farrukh
suggested that white paper should compare V3 specs. Kathryn said that this
is not the scope of the paper; it is more about functionality and intended
business usages of the two.

6. Requirements document from EPA

- Not much discussion so far. Joe has posted his opinion about delta between
EPA requirements and functionality of our specs. Joe said that the
granularity is the biggest requirements where it should be possible to
register and manipulate down to element, attribute, namespace, ... level.

7. Discussion list, version 4.0 ideas

Kathryn suggested that everybody keeps those ideas on the side for the time
being; we'll discuss when we plan version 4.

Joe has posted his assessment on what the top 5 features of XML Registry
are. 3 are covered by version 3. According to Joe there is also a 6th one ->
support for Core components.

8. White paper/best practice paper topics

Registering Web Services in ebXML Registry (see Joe's draft). Joe went
briefly through the initial draft. Farrukh will help with UML diagrams and
new version should be ready so that team can review it by the next meeting
(and possibly vote on it).

9. Other issues/items

None.

10. Next meeting