Subject: Re: [regrep] Implementing CCTS in Registry - further thoughts

Message text written by Chiusano Joseph

MY QUESTION:  Wouldn't we most like represent the Association Core
Component (Person.Residence.Address) as we would represent any Aggregate
Core Component, but with an association of "Inherits From" (a new
assocationType) - that is, Residence.Address would inherit from
Address.Details?
<<<<<<<<<<

Joe,

I believe this approach is fraught with lots of "gotchas" - especially
supporting business context structure changes.

That's why I see that the separation of the assembly associations
into the CAM template great simplifies all this.

Functionally everything still works - anyone can query against
the CAM template XML to discover all the relationships -
by exploiting the mechanisms inside the template itself.

But - you are not therefore attempting to use the registry to
handle assembly, schema fragments and much more.

Of course you can still add regular registry associations
from the CAM template entries to other entries in the
registry - but attempting to use these as the means to
represent all the subtly of assembly and context - is
not optimal.

Cheers, DW.