Subject: [regrep] Summary: Implementing CCTS in Registry

I've taken a shot summarizing the various aspects of this discussion to
date, to serve as a sort of "checkpoint" of where we are at.  Below I've
listed 5 high-level topics (in no particular order) that I think have
grown out of our excellent discussions here, and a very high-level
snapshot of where we appear to be regarding that topic.

I hope this information is helpful for all, and look forward to feedback
on its accuracy.  I will be happy to update this summary as necessary so
that we ensure that we capture the picture accurately for all.

TOPIC #1 - Representation Within Registry (Intrinsic vs. Extrinsic):

- Most seem to favor extrinsic representation, with a defined binding to
the registry;

- Question remains as to who would create such a binding – our TC, the
CCTS Team, or a combination (us “consulting” to them and them having a
liaison on our TC);

- Can use Content Management mechanism and create a style sheet indexer
for Core Component entities;

TOPIC #2 - Context/Assembly:

- Can be defined by the CAM TC, as this is their focus;

TOPIC #3 - Serialization Format:

- Can be defined by our TC(?), perhaps using CRI as a starting point;

- David Webbers's "Registry Enabling of Business Metadata Semantics"
presentation offers excellent concepts for serialization as well as
context/assembly;

- CCTS team would not need to be involved in the definition of the
seralization format, because they define the syntax-neutral
representation of Core Components, not the syntax-specific
representations;

TOPIC #4 - Core Components Specification:

- It is possible that we may request updates to the Core Components
specification based on our review of it;

- We will need to decide how to communicate our requests to the CCTS
Team and work with them toward a solution that is beneficial for all
parties;

TOPIC #5 - Timing:

- Regardless of what Registry specification version this is included in,
we believe it would take at least 4 months (probably closer to 6) to
define the registry metadata representations (whether intrinsic or
extrinsic), context/assembly, and serialization format.

- It is still to be determined if this functionality will be included in
the Registry V3 specs.

Thanks,