Subject: Re: [regrep] Core Components - Revisited

Do you have any information on the CCTS Business Information Model (CCTS
BIM)? Or are you using this term to refer to something in the Core
Components spec?

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Chiusano Joseph wrote:
>
> >Thanks Farrukh. Would you be willing to elaborate on one point:
> >
> ><Quote>
> >Experience with many pilots suggests that the best approach is to have
> >an XML format for CCTS content with ebRIM format for CCTS metdata. So I
> >would reccomend both XML serialization format (outside of binding) and
> >binding to ebRIM metadata.
> ></Quote>
> >

> I should have said that above quote applies to pilots where there
> already was an existing XML format. In cases where there was no existing
> format, we have seen both flavors: a) Binding to RIM only and b) XML
> Schema + RIM binding
>
> Experience with several pilots suggest that an XML format is needed
> under the following situations:
>
> -There is a unique and specific Business Information Model which defines
> unique and specific Business Objects (e.g. HL 7 Conformance Profile,
> Patient Medical Record, Purchase Order, RosettaNet PIP, OAG BOD)
>
> -The Business Object is more content than metadata in the role that it plays
>
> -The Business Object is fairly complex
>
> -XML documents representing the Business Object need to be exposed
>
> We have also found that it is generally good practice to keep a good
> separation between content and metadata. ebXML Registry manages both
> well when it comes to LifeCycleMangement. However, ebRIM is all about
> Metadata and not content.
> It should be kept in mind that some aspects of the content may be mapped
> to metadata in the RIM binding.
>
> While it is possible to map all the content into metadata,  it is more
> effective use of ebXML Registry to:
>
> -Define a CCTS Business Information Model (CCTS BIM) in UML
>
> -Define a mapping of  CCTS BIM to XML Schema
>
> -Define a mapping of CCTS BIM to ebRIM. Such a mapping clearly
> identifies the binding of CCTS BIM to ebRIM metadata and should include
>  a  Catalog Definition File (XSLT Style Sheet). Such a mapping also
> defined BIM specific custom queries that address many anticipated query
> use cases.
>
> The benefit of above approach is that a Core Component in XML form is in
> its BIM form and not as a generic ebRIM form. This would allow people to
> grasp it better. Meanwhile when a CC is submitted to the registry it
> automatically gets cataloged with generated ebRIM metadata and is
> immediately discoverable using content based queries.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Farrukh
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano