Subject: [Fwd: [CEFACT-ATG:672] [atg2] modularity discussion]

This is in line with our same questions when we looked at during the
regrep-cc review.

:-)
--- Begin Message ---

in the discussion on monday on modularity the question was asked as to why
you would need a schema module for Common Basic Components since they can
only exist as part of the Common Aggregate Components.  This raised another
question as to whether the CCTS allows for BBIE's that are not part of an
ABIE.  Some felt that the CCTS did not say that a BBIE can not exist by
itself.  Right or wrong, i feel that the CCTS is fairly clear in that
BBIE's (or BCC's) can only exist as part of an ABIE.  I cite the following
in the CCTS:

4.6.1 in definition of BCC – ‘BBCs function as the properties of ACC.
Figure 6-1  BCC's only seem to exist as part of an ACC.
Figure 6-2 BBIE's only seem to exist as part of the ABIE
Rule B24 - The Dictionary Entry Name of a Basic Business Information Entity
shall consist of the following
                  components in the specified order:
                  - the Object Class Term of the .....
                  how can you have an object class term without an ABIE?
S53  Stored Business Information Entity Properties shall be stored as part
of the stored Aggregate Business Information Entity to which they belong,
i.e., they shall never exist independently of their owning Aggregate
Business Information Entity.
S62  Stored Basic Business Information Entities shall represent a Basic
Business Information Entity Property of a particular Aggregate Business
Information Entity.

paula

Worldspan e-Pricing... The next generation in fare search technology –
http://www.epricing.net

--- End Message ---