Subject: [regrep] FW: ebXML liaison with Dublin Core?[Fwd: DCMI Registry]

I think it would be a good fit for REGREP. Because I believe that content
tagged with Dublin Core could be stored in the Registry thus  benefit from
the SCM work I contacted Makx Dekkers  late December seeking more
information on their DCMI Registry initiative. Below is the information I
received.

enjoy
carl

<Kathryn>

Dublin Core is looking at establishing liaison relationships with
appropriate OASIS TCs.   This would be a good fit with Registry, since
both DC and Registry use metatdata tagging elements to identify and
describe the objects that are registered.  Here is the URL for the org:
http://dublincore.org/ .  What are your thoughts?  We can also discuss
this at our next telecon in two weeks.

Subject: DCMI Registry
From:    "Thomas Baker" <thomas.baker@bi.fhg.de>
Date:    Fri, December 26, 2003 11:10 am
To:      CarlMattocks@CHECKMi.com
Cc:      "Makx Dekkers" <mail@makxdekkers.com>

Carl Mattocks,

Makx Dekkers, who is on vacation, forwarded to me your request
for information on the DCMI registry-building efforts.

The registry itself is at

    http://dublincore.org/dcregistry/index.html

with related "Dublin Core Registry" installations at:

    http://solo.ukoln.ac.uk/dcregistry/index.html
    http://dbclear.sub.uni-goettingen.de/dcregistry/index.html
    http://fiord.ulis.ac.jp/dcregistry/index.html

Technical papers and background can be found at the home
page of the DCMI Registry Working Group:

    http://dublincore.org/groups/registry/

Seasons Greetings,
Tom Baker

--
Dr. Thomas Baker                        Thomas.Baker@izb.fraunhofer.de
Institutszentrum Schloss Birlinghoven         mobile +49-160-9664-2129

--
Carl Mattocks

co-Chair OASIS ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
CEO CHECKMi
v/f (usa) 908 322 8715
www.CHECKMi.com
Semantically Smart Compendiums