Subject: FW: [Fwd: IHE ITI Technical Framework Supplement published for Public

I am forwarding this request for review and comments on four supplements
to the IHE ITI Technical Framework, rev. 1.0.  Comments are due by July
15th.  We can discuss this at our next telecon as well.

Kathryn

-----Original Message-----
From: bill@nist.gov [mailto:bill@nist.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 7:28 AM
To: Breininger, Kathryn R
Cc: lisa.carnahan@nist.gov
Subject: [Fwd: IHE ITI Technical Framework Supplement published for
Public

Kathryn

IHE (http://rsna.org/IHE/index.shtml) is issueing a profile for the use
of the ebXML Registry Standard in healthcare. The profile is named
"Cross-Enterprise Clinical Documents Sharing (XDS)".

For now it is only being distributed to interested parties that are
likely to provide comments.  The comment period ends July 15, 2004.
After that, changes will be made based on the comments and a final
document will be released.

The purpose of an IHE profile is to involve industry in providing
implementations, both client and server, to the healthcare environment.
The publishing of a profile leads to industrial collaboration through
the fall, a connect-a-thon in January and then a public display at HIMSS
in February.

We, NIST, showed a registry at HIMSS last February as part of a joint
HL7/IHE booth. It was based on Farrukh's work. This is the first time a
profile has been attempted for this technology by IHE.

We would appreciate your review and distribution to others you think
would want to see it. I have already sent this notice to Farrukh Najmi
and Brett Trusko.

Thanks,
Bill Majurski
NIST