Subject: RE: [regrep] Summary of 3.0 Features?

You're welcome Farrukh - thanks for that feature list. I'll pass it on
to the XML CoP.

Let's think about having several of us give a presentation within the
next few months to the XML CoP on our v3.0 specs (standard by then). I
would be happy to be one of the folks there in person (or the only one,
depending on folks' ability to travel) - but I'm sure David W. would be
happy to participate since he's local. We can have some folks on the
phone as well.

Also: Here's a newly released Government Computer News (GCN) interview
with Owen Ambur, co-founder and co-chair of the XML CoP[1] - "An XML
registry is key to sharing data". Owen emphasizes the need for funding
for a federal XML registry, discusses the ET.gov initiative (for which
Booz Allen is contracted, and which I have been providing technical
leadership on), and the Booz Allen Federal XML Registry business case
from several years back.

P.S. Although there is no credit given, I actually held the light for
Owen's picture in the top right corner, which was taken at our main Wash
DC office prior to a meeting with Owen.:)

Joe

[1] http://www.gcn.com/24_3/news/35005-1.html

Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World