Subject: Re: [regrep] Summary of 3.0 Features?

Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> Chiusano Joseph wrote:
>
>> Is anyone considering creating, or has anyone created, a summary of
>> our 3.0 features, in any electronic form? I ask because there was a
>> request for this at last month's US federal XML CoP meeting. If not,
>> I am happy to create one - and I might create a presentation to give
>> to the XML CoP about our 3.0 features. Just wanted to leverage
>> existing work if it is there.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joe
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Joseph Chiusano
>> Booz Allen Hamilton
>> Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World
>>

> Good point Joe.
>
> Here is a feature summary from an upcoming draft anouncement text for
> the freebXML Registry user community for when the TC approved the 3.0
> specs, that may help. Thanks for the evangelism in US Federal Government.
>
> -HTTP bindings
>
> -Registry Managed Version Control
>
> -Query Engancements:
>    * Iterative query
>    * Parameterized stored queries
>    * Improved filter query syntax
>
> -Content Management Services
>    * automatic semantic content validation
>    * automatic content cataloging, and plug-in support
>    * content based queries
>
> -Federated Registry
>    * federated query support
>    * linking of content and metadata across registry boundaries
>    * replication of content and metadata among registries
>    * moving of content and metadata from one registry to another
>
> -Access control and authorization based on the XACML 1.0 standard
>
> -Content based Event Notification
>
> -Federated Identity Management support using SAML 2.0 Single Sign On
> (SSO)
>
> -Alignment with recent standards
>    * Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security 1.0
>    * Web Services Security: SOAP Message with Attachments (SwA)
> Profile 1.0
>    * WS-I: Basic Security Profile 1.0
>    * WS-I: Basic Profile 1.1
>     * SAML 2.0
>    * XACML 1.0.

Here are a few more. Have we got them all? Anything missing?

-Extensiblity of  registrty protocol where new types of requests and
be defined easily.

-Human friendly URNs as the id of a content or meta data item

-A new standard meta data type Person has been added to represent persons.

-The XML Filter Query syntax has been greatly simplified to make
the query more expressive while requiring less verbiage.