Subject: Action - review of summary features for public announcement

I am planning to forward this list of summary features for v3.0 to Jamie
for inclusion in the public announcements.  Please let me know ASAP if
there are any that should be dropped, added or reworded:

-HTTP bindings

-Registry Managed Version Control

-Query Enhancements:
    * Iterative query
    * Parameterized stored queries
    * Improved filter query syntax

-Content Management Services
    * automatic semantic content validation
    * automatic content cataloging, and plug-in support
    * content based queries

-Federated Registry
    * federated query support
    * linking of content and metadata across registry boundaries
    * replication of content and metadata among registries
    * moving of content and metadata from one registry to another

-Access control and authorization based on the XACML 1.0 standard

-Content based Event Notification

-Federated Identity Management support using SAML 2.0 Single Sign On
(SSO)

-Alignment with recent standards
    * Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security 1.0
    * Web Services Security: SOAP Message with Attachments (SwA) Profile
1.0
    * WS-I: Basic Security Profile 1.0
    * WS-I: Basic Profile 1.1
     * SAML 2.0
    * XACML 1.0.

-Extensibility of  registry protocol where new types of requests and

-Human friendly URNs as the id of a content or meta data item

-A new standard meta data type Person has been added to represent
persons.

-The XML Filter Query syntax has been greatly simplified to make the
query more expressive while requiring less verbiage

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services