Subject: RE: Ballot results - Approval of ebXML Registry specs, version 3.0

     Kathryn, congratulations to you and your team.
     Your public review will expire on 14 March.  Under current rules it is
possible -- but somewhat tight timing -- that the TC could act to confirm
the drafts, elect not to make any changes, and submit it the next day (15
Mar), with the result of an April OS vote.  Of course, this makes the
untested assumption that no changes will be requested during public review
that the committee wishes to incorporate.  And it assume that the mandated
10-item package [1] would be assembled during that period, and so completed
by 15 March.  Among other things those rules require successful use
statements from three organizational members of OASIS.
    The rules will change quite soon, FYI.  See [2].
    Your short list of enhancements/changes from v2 to v3 would be a
significant help to Carol as we compose a public message.  Also, it's
likely to be a useful input to the 10-item list mentioned above.
    While I am officially somewhat neutral about these things, obviously my
longtime acquaintance and friendship with your team makes me doubly pleased
for you about this achievement.   The Registry is an excellent example of
how we *should* create standards:  concrete, useable work that met its
well-crafted business requirements and goals, and deservedly enjoys broad
early adoption as a result.  There is a significant community of users who
I know will be pleased to see this update.
     Best regards JBC

~   James Bryce Clark
~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS
~   jamie.clark@oasis-open.org

[1]  Current Rules = http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#standard
New Rules, what's coming, in draft =
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/members-only/download.php/9623/TC%20Process20041007.pdf
[2]Good, recent example of compliant 10-item submission =
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/200502/msg00002.html