Subject: RE: [regrep] Successful use of ebXML Registry 3.0 specifications

Okay - I got some clarification on this:  A minimum of three
certifications must be from OASIS organizational members.
Certifications from Individual members of OASIS are fine as well, but
will not count toward the required minimum of three.  The required three
certification statements do need to include a phrase stating that the
implementations are using the specification consistently with the OASIS
IPR Policy.  The current appropriate IPR policy points are listed in the
guidelines
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/guidelines.php#spectostand) and
are as follows:

"... The implementers must also certify that their implementations
comply with known IP encumbrances (see IPR below)... "

"The OASIS IPR policy requires that

(IPR section 3.2) All legal encumbrances (copyright, patent, etc.) must
be identified so that the OASIS Board of Directors have the opportunity
to decide whether this work can be sent to the OASIS membership. OASIS
members have the right to full knowledge about a specification before
they vote to accept it.

(IPR section 3.2.b) Any implementations that are used as the basis of
advancing the spec (i.e. the three or more member certifications that
they are "successfully using" the spec) must comply with known IPR
encumbrances.

(IPR section 4) The standard OASIS copyright statement must be attached
to the specification document."

(end of copy and pasted section)

There are no known IPR encumbrances for the ebXML Registry specs.  Here
is the IPR statement from our TC page:
"OASIS is not aware of any statements or declarations regarding IPR
related to the work of this technical committee."

Those of you who have or who are planning to submit implementation
certifications, please check with your companies to make sure your
certification statement is approved.

These are better examples of certification statements submitted for SAML
v2.0:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200412/msg00014.h
tml
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200411/msg00042.h
tml
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services/200411/msg00105.h
tml

Hope this helps clarify the requirement!

Thanks,
Kathryn

Kathryn Breininger
Boeing Library Services