Subject: Re: [regrep] Meeting reminder and draft agenda

Breininger, Kathryn R wrote:
> This is a meeting reminder and draft agenda for our ebXML Registry TC
> meeting Thursday, November 16, at 8:00am PT.  Please send any additional
> agenda items.
>
> The telecon number and password:
> USA toll: 1-210-795-0625
> USA Toll free: 866-617-3597
> PARTICIPANT PASSCODE (same for all countries): 1739140
>
> International numbers;
> France
> Toll: 33-1-70-70-84-56
> Toll free: 080-510-0984
> UK
> Toll: 44-20-7108-6391
> Toll free: 0800-279-9632
>
> For other countries please contact Kathryn Breininger directly (sorry,
> the vendor does not have a number for Turkey yet..).
>
> Draft Agenda:
> 1. Minutes from last meeting still in work.
>
> 2. Minute taker (volunteer needed)
>
> 3. ebXML Registry Profile for Web Ontology status
>
> 4. IPR Transition process
> (http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/ipr_transition_policy.php). Please
> review carefully section 3. We are at step 3 and can now conduct a vote
> to submit a transition request.  This means we need to specify one of
> the IPR modes under the new IPR policy as the one under which we wish to
> operate. After this vote, we submit the request to the TC Administrator
> for the Transition Approval Ballot, which OASIS must conduct.

Here is the meeting where I described what I had learned from Edurado
Gutentag on IPR modes:

<http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:UA54zwqDMcMJ:lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200512/doc00002.doc+regrep+IPR+najmi+Eduardo&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3&client=firefox-a>

<excerpt>

                  Farrukh provided a summary of the *IPR* Modes to
                  simplify the legalese. Farrukh credits *Eduardo*
                  Gutentag for explaining to him the legalese in plain
                  English:

                      * Top level choices are Royalty Free (RF) and
                  Reasonable And Non Discriminatory (RAND)

                      * RF guarantees these implementors can use the
                  specs without ever paying anyone royalties

                      * RAND

                            o allows for royalties to be charged

                            o Everything is open to negotiations,
                  including royalties

                      * RF has two sub-choices

                            o RF on Limited Terms

                                  + Similar to W3C Patent Policy

                                  + Licensor (if any) cannot impose
                  negotiations or special terms on the licensee

                            o RF on RAND Terms

                                  + Similar to RAND but without any royalty

                                  + Licensor (if any) can impose
                  negotiations or special terms on the licensee

Farrukh: The option that allows our hard work of many years to be most
broadly adopted is RF on Limited Terms. That will be my vote.
</excerpt>

FWIW, my thinking has not changed on this since last December. Thanks.

> 5. Status on submitting ebXML Registry v3.0 standards to ISO.
>
> 6. User Guide for profiles status
>
> 7. ebXML Registry 3.0 issues status
> <<<http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200606/msg00006.html>>>
>
> 8. Call for participation, OASIS Symposium 2007:
> OASIS Symposium:
> "eBusiness and Open Standards: Understanding the Facts, Fiction, and
> Future"
> 15-17 April 2007
>
> OASIS TC Meetings
> 18-20 April 2007
>
> San Diego Marriott Mission Valley
> San Diego, California USA
> http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium/
> Submission deadline December 15th.
>
> 9. Other issues, items

BTW the original message
<http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:UA54zwqDMcMJ:lists.oasis-open.org/archives/regrep/200512/doc00002.doc+regrep+IPR+najmi+Eduardo&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3&client=firefox-a>

also contains some discussion on MTOM binding. I have an update on MTOM
binding that
I request 5 minutes on the agenda if time permits. Thanks.