relax-ng-comment message

Subject: [relax-ng-comment] Re: DTD compatibility mode and Jing

AFAIK, Jing doesn't support DTD compatibility spec yet. If you want to
use the DTD compatibility spec, you can use Sun Multi-Schema Validator
(sorry for an advertisement.)

> When I changed the "datatypeLibrary" attribute to
> "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes" however, Jing compiles the same
> schema fine. What is the reason for this behaviour? Further, in this case,
> Jing accepts IDs of the form "abc", but not of the form "123" (i.e.,
> integers). Why is that the case?

This is because "123" is not a valid ID. ID must be NCName, and NCName
must starts with a name character. '1' is not.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 607 257 0037
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com