relax-ng-comment message

Subject: [relax-ng-comment] DTD compatibility mode and Jing

I wonder whether Jing (Dec. 3, 2001 version) supports the DTD compatibility
mode. I suspect not, because I tried to validate a simple RELAX NG schema
with IDs and IDREFs, and with

datatypeLibrary="http://relaxng.org/ns/compatibility/datatypes/1.0"

and Jing (Windows executable version) complained:

datatype "ID" from library
"http://relaxng.org/ns/compatibility/datatypes/1.0"
not recognized.

A similar error message is displayed for the "IDREF" datatype.

When I changed the "datatypeLibrary" attribute to
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-datatypes" however, Jing compiles the same
schema fine. What is the reason for this behaviour? Further, in this case,
Jing accepts IDs of the form "abc", but not of the form "123" (i.e.,
integers). Why is that the case?

Am I missing something? Should I be doing something differently? Are there
plans for Jing to support the DTD compatibility mode?

Thanks,

Arun

Arun Marathe                                PhD (Waterloo)
Open Text Corporation
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada     email: amarathe@opentext.com