relax-ng-comment message

Subject: Re: [relax-ng-comment] How to avoid pattern name conflicts acrossdifferent vocabularies?

> Now I'm experimenting to rewrite XHTML+MathML+SVG [1] in RELAX NG.
> Rewriting each vocabulary is rather trivial (thanks to DTDinst), but
> I have encountered some problems to combine them together.

The normal approach is to use nested grammars. Something like this:

<grammar xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"/>

  <include href="xhtml1-strict.rng" ns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"/>

  <define name="misc.inline" combine="choice">
    <grammar>
      <start>
	<ref name="math"/>
      </start>
      <include href="mathml2.rng" ns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML"/>
    </grammar>
  </define>

  <define name="misc.inline" combine="choice">
    <grammar>
      <start>
	<ref name="svg"/>
      </start>