relax-ng-comment message

Subject: Re: [relax-ng-comment] Re: Attribute grammars

> Compactness and readability are different.  I find the current notation
> very painful to read, since no type information is provided for
> synthesized values.

Couldn't one solve this by augmenting the current notation with type
information  (e.g. declaraing the type returned by a particular production
or alternative)?

I agree that it's helpful for a human reader for the grammar to indicate the
types of object being passed around.

> Semantic attribute names
> of attributes grammars make this away more readable.

But attribute grammars don't provide type information explicitly either
(although the names are a useful hint to the human reader).

James