relax-ng-comment message

Subject: [relax-ng-comment] annotations: am I straying too far?

Hi,

I use RNG Schemas to build property forms and drive WYSIWYG editing (I am loving
it!). In so doing I am making up my own annotations for the GUI and for
documentation. The schema and the content still validates using the Jing task.

The "RELAX NG DTD Compatibility Annotations" shows a limited set of options. I
was wondering if there was an extensibility mechanism planned (or present where
I don't have to maintain my own RNG validating Schema).

For a simple example, I want to give a descriptive label and rollover
description for attributes in a properties form:

  <rng:define name="title.attr">
    <rng:attribute name="title">
      <a:attr label="Title">
        <a:description>A text title</a:description>
      </a:attr>
      <rng:data type="token"/>
    </rng:attribute>
  </rng:define>

Am I going to be in trouble by doing this or is it a reasonable thing to do?

Also, why does the annotation need to be a child? I would prefer to wrap some
definitions in annotations so I can group them for documentation purposes.

thanks for any advice/clarification,
-Rob