Subject: Re: Versioning strawman

Norman Walsh wrote:

> I think I waffled somewhat when versioning the URI was initially
> proposed, but on further reflection, it seems perfectly
> straightforward to me.

This issue was discussed when we consider the XHTML family.  In my
understanding, three dialects of XHTML and new XHTML modules in the
future do NOT require new namespaces.

In the future, we might want to create a subset of our language probably
by disallowing <attribute ...> (element-only XML).  Does such a subset
require a new namespace URI?

One could argue that we use one namespace for future versions (and
subsets) and introduce another mechanism for distingushing different names.

Internet: mura034@attglobal.net
Nifty: VEQ00625