Subject: Re: Issue: Should we disallow nested grammars?

> Here is a rewrite of the BNF for the basic syntax.  It is ad-hoc but
> tighter: elements/attrbutes within attributes are excluded and
> the restriction on combining datatypes is not required.

This BNF still has a loophole:

<grammar>
  <start name="start">
    <element name="foo">
      <attribute name="bar">
        <ref name="start" />
      </attribute>
    </element>
  </start>
</grammar>

I don't think schema is enough to completely prohibit them: we need more
powerful key/keyref capability.

--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@eng.sun.com