Subject: Re: ID/IDREF strawman #2

> symbol space.  I think I like this better.

Me too.

>    <anyString keyRef="whatever"/>

@keyRef should be also used with <data/>. In this way, we can forget
about white spaces. I don't see any reason to allow key/keyref to
<anyString/>.

> This would present a problem with anonymous datatypes.

I think there are two options:

#1: prohibit anonymous datatypes (as Murata-san said). This can be
achieved for any datatype vocabulary by restricting use of @key/@keyref
to <data/> element only. This makes it easy to check the equality of the
type: key/keyref that share the same symbol space must have the same
type name.

#2: if we want to use anonymous types with key/keyref, then we have to
rely on datatype library to test equality of two types, which probably
causes interoperability problem. Some library may
consider "byte" type and "integer" type as "compatible", whereas others
may not.

I think option #1 is better and easier.

--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@eng.sun.com