Subject: Re: Datatypes

The proposal has some problems with regard to QName.

> given a string, return true or false according to whether the string is
> the representation of a member of the datatype

I think it has to receive context information as well as a string.

> given two strings, return true or false according to whether they are
> equivalent (ie represent the same value)?

So does this.

> One possibility is to say
> that two datatypes are the same if all these three things are the same.
> Should datatype parameters be considered as typed for the purposes of
> determining identity?

I would propose (as an alternative) to prohibit <setParams/> when @key
or @keyref is used. This will make type comparison easy for
implementations.

--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@eng.sun.com