Subject: Re: Datatype and identity constraints proposal of the day (17 May)

> <data type="whatever:foo" xmlns:ns1="http://www.example.com">
>    <param name="bar">ns1:baz</param>
> </data>
>
> The datatyping service "whatever" will get passed a local name "foo" and a
> parameter "bar".  The issue is whether for the "bar" parameter the
> datatyping service, in addition to the string "ns1:baz", also gets passed
> the namespace declarations in-scope on the <param> element so that it could
> interpret ns1:baz as a QName.

Oops, I forgot that we've removed the enumeration from facets. So yes,
you are right.  I think we can model parameter as (name,value) pair.

Type equalities are tested by the equality of the base type name, right?

--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@eng.sun.com