Subject: QNames

I think we can't really avoid using QNames, but perhaps we can provide an
alternative for those who want to avoid them, e.g., something like the ns
attribute suggested earlier. Yes, all that typing is error prone, but people
like to do things their own way. I think we could let them do things both
ways.

Philosophy: Can you think of a platform that wants to do everything for you,
but in so doing, limits your approach to problems? What about another
platform that gives you hundreds of ways to approach similar tasks, though
usually without much of an interface? I use Cygwin to bridge these two
worlds for me. This is why I like the idea of providing a way for people to
avoid QNames if they want, but also supporting QNames because we can't
reasonably avoid them.

Mike
====
Wy'east Communications     http://www.wyeast.net     mailto:mike@wyeast.net