Subject: Re: Issue: delimiter of <list>

> Message text written by Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI
> >        <list delimiter=":">
>
> It can correctly parse things like
> " font-family: Verdana;  text-align: center ".
>
> (But it fails to parse " font-family: 'acme:fontName' ".

 <<<<<<<<<<

 In which case the list delimiter needs to be ": " or ", " where
 the delimiter is a multi-byte sequence.

 This may also be important for foreign language and double-byte
 character lists.

 James had a good answer for why we should stick with just the
 simple space for now (something to do with compatiblity with schema?),
 but I would definately jump at the dynamic delimiter myself if this
 looks tenable, as there are many cases.

 Ah, now I remember - James did not like the fact that avoiding spaces
 meant that now ( Fred Smith, David Webber, John Jones) are allowed.

 Hmmmm, we could still make the list values conform to TOKEN rules
 to avoid this problem......

 DW.