Subject: Re: Datatype interface

Sorry for my sloppy job, and thank you very much for all those things
you've done.

> I think checkValid is OK; it is short for "check that it is valid"; it
> pairs better with isValid.  I can live with checkValidity if you
> strongly prefer it.

No, not at all. I was just curious. I changed it back to "checkValid".

> The code should run (even if it doesn't compile) with JDK 1.1.x too.  I
> think there are ways to do this in Java...   Another reason to leave
> this class out for now.

Do you think the code should work with JDK1.1.x? Or do you think the
code should just fail gracefully with JDK1.1.x?

Anyway, I've removed DatatypeLibraryRegistry.java for now.

> Looking at the package as a whole, I see some inconsistencies in
> naming.  I would suggest the following renaming:

Done.

> I haven't commented on the doc comments.  There are quite a few errors
> in these. I assume you'll fix these up once we have stabilized the
> design.

I'm really sorry about that. I reviewed all comments before assembling
this package and modified them.

Can I assume that the design is stabilized?

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com

relaxng.zip