Subject: Re: Datatype interface

One additional comment:

Datatype.createStreamingValidator should not be allowed to throw an
UnsupportedOperationException.  A library that does not want to support
streaming validation efficiently can simply use your
helpers.StreamingValidatorImpl.  It is better for the library to do this
rather than the client, because it is simpler and easier for the library to
do this, whereas if the client does it then they will (unless they are very
careful) end up throwing lots of exceptions, which can be a big performance
killer.

> Do you think the code should work with JDK1.1.x? Or do you think the
> code should just fail gracefully with JDK1.1.x?

It should work with JDK 1.1.x to the extent possible.  It don't think it is
possible to make it work properly in JDK 1.1.x when there are multiple jar
files containing datatype libraries.

> Can I assume that the design is stabilized?

Yes.  We might need to add a method to ValidationContext to return the base
URIs, depending on what the semantics of anyURI turn out to be.