Subject: RE: Attribute defaults

Are default values considered deterministic? I don't know. -Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Fitzgerald [mailto:mike@wyeast.net]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 4:23 PM
To: RNG List
Subject: Attribute defaults

RELAX NG does not allow you specify defaults for attributes (see section A
of the tutorial
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/relax-ng/tutorial.html#c41b1c17). Does
anyone else see this as a tripwire? Example: when you try to rewrite
something as RELAX NG, such as an XML Schema attribute declaration with
default="string", what do you do?

I don't remember a discussion on this, either on this list or in a TC
meeting. What direction are we going with this?

Mike
====
Wy'east Communications     http://www.wyeast.net     mailto:mike@wyeast.net