Subject: Re: Issue: fragment identifier for href attribute

David RR Webber wrote:

> What about an XPointer?
> http://somelocation.com/registry/things/that.xml(foobar)

Not blessed by RFC 3023 yet, since XPointer is not a W3C recommendation yet.

I might eventually create a new RFC as a draft standard.  However,
for the new RFC to bless XPointer, we need two independently-built
implementations of XPointer as fragment identifiers.

David RR Webber wrote:

> I'm thinking of course that the parser may be actually hitting a JSP for
> instance and
> essentially passing it a parameter....

You mean something like this:

http://host/foo.jsp?title=bar

Here "title=bar" is not a fragment identifier.