Subject: Re: Alternative approach for key/keyref

> concerned.  Am I right in thinking there are other consistency issues apart
> from datatypes?

Another concern about the consistency is the uniqueness. That is, given
a RELAX NG pattern P and a path expression E, it is desirable to have an
algorithm that ensures there is at most one node that can possibly match
E.

For example, "/foo/bar" is unique with the following pattern:

<element name="foo">
  <element name="bar">
    <data type="integer"/>
  </element>
</element>

But it is not unique with the following pattern:

<element name="foo">
  <zeroOrMore>
    <element name="bar">
      <data type="integer"/>
    </element>
  </zeroOrMore>
</element>

This algorithm is another challenge, I guess.

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com