Subject: RE: Two things to strengthen the spec

I'm not sure I agree with Murata-san that the spec is only for developers
and language designers. I would also like to see it accessible to "advanced
users", users who want to understand the finer points of the language, and
also to educators and authors, people who are going to explain the language
to others, and perhaps write their own tutorials.

More examples would probably a good thing even if the audience was only
developers and language developers. Personally I find even rigourous specs
are easier to understand with some examples. I have never heard of anybody
complaining of too many examples in a spec.  I recognize it is a fault in
my spec writing that I tend to put too few examples in.

I repeat my request to Mike. Where in the spec do you think examples would
be most useful? Where in the spec do you have problems understanding
without examples?