Subject: Re: Minor comments on the spec

I'm finding this discussion puzzling.  Given that we have QNames for the
values of the name attribute es on <element> and <attribute>, I cannot
imagine why one would not allow them for the value of the <name> element.
The TREX spec allows them (see
http://thaiopensource.com/trex/spec.html#Namespace_Expansion).  The current
spec allows them because it transforms the name attribute into a name
element before doing QName expansion.  Thus it adds no complexity to the
spec to allow this.  As far as the implementation, it adds exactly 1 line
of code (or at least makes 1 line of code more complex).

I also don't understand the comment "Global attributes require QNames".
How so?

<attribute name="xml:lang">
  <data type="language"/>
</attribute>

works just fine, just as one would expect.

--On 17 July 2001 10:42 -0700 Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI