Subject: Re: Fallback mechanism for the datatype

> Also, it would be nice if any valid document is accepted in the fallback
> mode. (We can't help but accept invalid documents)
>
> To achieve that, we just need to abandon key/keyref check for
> unavailable datatypes.

I think I need to explain this better... let me try again.

Assume a schema processor A, which do recognizes the
"my:secret:datatype:library" library. Assume another schema processor B,
which fails to resolve "my:secret:datatype:library".

It's nice if the fallback mode achieves the following property:

If a document is accepted by A, it is always accepted by B.

To do that, at least we need to abandon key/keyref check; we can't check:

- whether two keys are colliding each other
- whether there is a key for every keyref.

Also, I found that it needs to handle <except> pattern with unknown
<data/> differently. So that

<data type="string">
  <except>
    <data type="foo" datatypeLibrary="unknown"/>
  </except>
</data>

would be treated as:

<data type="string">
  <except>
    <notAllowed/>
  </except>
</data>

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                          +1 650 786 0721
Sun Microsystems                   kohsuke.kawaguchi@sun.com