Subject: RE: Fallback mechanism for the datatype

Saying it may report a warning is vacuous and misleading: a RELAX NG
processor can give a warning any time it feels like it; it doesn't need
permission from the spec.

The net result is that if a schema uses a datatype library that a validator
does not support, then the validator is not required to be able to
determine whether a document is valid with respect to the schema.  This is
what I think the spec should say.

--On Tuesday, July 31, 2001 10:18 AM -0700 Michael Fitzgerald