Subject: Re: a:attributeType

> > Our guidelines spec can then say that a compatibility processor (at
least
> > one that is integrated with a RELAX NG processor that supports XML
Schema
> > Part 2 datatypes) should recognize the XML Schema Part 2 datatypes as
> > aliases for the corresponding compatibility datatypes. (NOTATION would
be
> > an exception since the XML Schema Part 2 NOTATION is distinct from the
XML
> > 1.0 DTD NOTATION.)
>
> Does this mean that I cannot use facets  to those "aliased" datatypes?

A good question. I think we should say the following.  If you use the RELAX
NG compatibility datatypes library, then you cannot use facets; if you use
the XML Schema datatypes library, you can use whatever facets XML Schema
allows.  The XML Schema datatypes are only aliases of the compatibility
datatypes as far as the compatibility processor is concerned, and the facets
are irrelevant to the compatibility processor.